Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's Get Moving!

Amy is doing better and has been moved out of ICU, thank you for your prayers. I hope and pray she makes a speedy recovery.

 

Jon commented on my last post the importance of exercise, which is so true! I’ll admit it’s not something I’ve consistently implemented but I’m much more motivated now than before.  I encourage everyone to “get moving”…walking, hiking or anything you enjoy.

 

I know it sounds kinda silly but I’ve had great success in the past rebounding (mini-trampoline). I’d watch music videos while working out…it was low impact with high results.

 

 

Work finally picked up so I don’t have quite as much time on my hands during the day but I wanted to share a few recipes we’ve enjoyed.

 

 

Lettuce roll-up Taco’s

We are having this for dinner tonight…it’s a fun and healthy (guy approved) dinner.

I served it with homemade salsa (tomato, onion & cilantro run through the food processor)

  • 1 lb ground turkey, browned and seasoned with onions, cumin and other desired seasonings
  • at least 1 head Romaine Lettuce
  • Toppings and spices of choice: chopped tomato, salsa, onions, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, guacamole, etc

Instructions:

1. Cook meat and season with cumin, garlic, chili powder and any desired seasonings to taste 

2. Cool slightly and put into romaine leaves like taco shells

3. Top with desired condiments

 

Sweet Potato Latkes

  • 2 medium sweet potatoes or 1 large butternut squash
  • 1/3 cup coconut or almond flour (or meal)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • spices to taste (salt, pepper, garlic pwder)
  • 3 TBSP butter or coconut oil

What to do:

  1. Grate sweet potatoes or butternut squash with cheese grater or food processor
  2. Put in large bowl with sliced onion, egg, flour and spices and mix well with hands
  3. Form into hamburger sized patties and cook in skillet over medium high heat in butter or coconut oil until browned (about 5 minutes per side)

 

 

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment