Thursday, August 25, 2011

EASY Homemade Frozen Yogurt


I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before but I'm sure glad my sister told me about this wonderful easy recipe!

Basically it's yogurt and frozen fruit...that's it!!  I do add a few drops of Stevia to sweeten it a little but the last batch with mangos really didn't need the sweetener.

Easy Frozen Yogurt
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of frozen fruit chunks
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
4-5 drops of Stevia (optional if the yogurt is too tart)

Blend it all on high until smooth and you have Frozen Yogurt! The frozen fruit does the chilling for you and it's ready to eat or put in the freezer to firm up. Adjust quantities for more people and to taste.

Today I made myself a morning snack using some frozen fruit puree of mango, banana and orange...it didn't make as firm a frozen yogurt as the frozen fruit chunks but it was a cool creamy treat!




Thanks for visiting my blog today! If you are a new visitor you may see I use some pre-packaged foods, many of my recipes can be made completely from fresh ingredients but I'm trying to focus on simple healthy tips for those that work full time and don't have quite as much time in the home.  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! And healthier than regular frozen yogurt because it is real yogurt with the cultures! I think I will use real sugar, though.

    ReplyDelete