Saturday, April 23, 2011

Alternatives ;)

Howdy friends & family,
Sorry, I've been a bad blogger but my friend Tracy sent me a reminder (thanks!) so I'm gonna make some time this morning.

It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks.  Not only has my work load at work significantly increased (yay!) but personal life has been pretty busy too.  As part of my lifestyle change I've implemented lots of new practices and I'm working on finding some balance.  First I started back to the chiropractor and she's got me going 3 times a week for the 1st 3 weeks....that's keeping my evenings busy. On top of that I tried my first yoga class (I know I'm in for a few lectures but I'll explain more below) and I also started a comprehensive detox with my doctor.  So I apologize for not keeping in touch.

As I mentioned I started back at the chiropractor.  I've been going on and off for years but it had been pretty off for the last year.  What was amazing is those daily headaches I'd been dealing with have vanished so I'm very happy about that.  You know it makes sense...all our nerves run through our spine. If our spine isn't healthy it's going to effect every area of our body.  The adjustment period has been a little rough and sore but its getting better and I feel better.

Ok, yoga...I know Christians have been advised against yoga and I'm pretty sure my mom is not going to be happy but I tell you what, it was a great experience. I stretched and used muscles that I hadn't used in a very long time.  I started with a pretty aggressive class so of course I was sore but I felt refreshed and in tuned with my body in a way I never had before.  No, we didn't worship any idols or do anything crazy.  One thing that was a bit unusual was when the instructor told us to draw energy from the sun and the moon...k, that was different but not bad.  If science is correct and we are all energy, everything is energy...it kinda makes sense.  Anyway it was an enjoyable experience that I would like to continue doing. Apparently every class is different and we work different parts of the body. Stretching and getting more limber is something I'm in dire need of and I felt really good afterward.

Now about the detox...it was very different lol!  I may have mentioned my new doctor, he is an MD and takes insurance (yay) but practices natural and homeopathic medicine also.  If you know me well you know I'm fascinated but natural medicine and am very happy to find a doctor with similar beliefs.  Aaron thinks the detox was snake charming lol.  All I know is I had more energy yesterday than I've had in a long time and expect things to get even better over the next 6 weeks.  It started out with a computerized test that identified all the toxins in my body and all the areas "out of whack"...how a computer can do that I have no idea but it was pretty amazing just how accurate it was...the test was done by holding an electrode in each hand and took maybe 5 minutes. It identified about 50 different things that were "off" and several hundred that were "in-line" and needed no detox.

K, it identified several heavy medals including aluminum, silver and plutonium, several lingering vaccines including mumps and rabies (no I've never had a rabies vaccine but my dog has...). Several pesticides (considering I worked a trugreen chemlawn for years in my late teens/early 20's, that was right on lol) also identified my hormones are out of whack which could very well explain my moodiness. And a few things that were totally off the wall because I hadn't even really looked at them myself (drum roll please lol) the computer suggested a pain cream for me said my hips were out of alignment, well they are and that was the major thing the chiropractor had been working on me and yes I was in excruciating pain because I'd just had a massage working on my hips. I get alot of massages because my back is ALWAYS hurting but that massage almost made me cry, working my hips was excruciating! K....but how in the world did the computer know this????  Yep it's freaky but it kinda made me a believer.

Ok, one other thing was weird but interesting at the same time....maybe I'm just gullible...only time will tell but one of the things that came up on the report just said aqua ducts. While the doctor was going over my results he asked me if I toss and turn at night.  Well yea! I do...all night long! I've never really thought about how long this has been going on but I just can't seem to get comfortable.  He says ok, you probably have an aqua duct running under your bed. He says the fix is the run copper wiring along the walls to redirect the energy flow. Ummm, I knew Aaron was really going to laugh. And the funny thing is Aaron was in the next room because he was the dr's next appt.  So the dr told him what needed to be done and all I can say is I hope it works or else I'll never live it down. We'll go to home depot today and give it a try.

Oh and the fix for all these toxins was an LED laser detox to remove most and homeopathic drops and some supplements for the others.  I just did it Thursday and have to take the drops and pills for 6 weeks so we'll see how it goes.

So, that's a few of the things I've been up to since my last post. I know I may have lost some of you cause I'm kinda "out there" in my approach but I do not believe in modern medicine. I hate the fact that dr's just prescribe pills where in most cases the side effects are worse than the original issue.  Yes medicine has come a long way and I won't say I don't believe in any of it but I hate dr's that just write scripts or want to do surgery before considering other approaches or looking at root causes. I have dozens of books on natural healing and have been practicing it for many years.  So I'm willing to try some unusual things before taking a drug.

We've still been eating healthy and stuck to this lifestyle change.  It's not easy, but I really think its worth it.  Heck just cutting out high fructose corn syrup removes like 75% of the packaged food from the grocery store, it's amazing what all they put that crap in!  But we've done it and have no intention of going back.  Even Aaron and Lance are completely on board and they are losing weight.  I haven't lost anymore in the last week which was a bit disheartening but I think I will if I stick to it.

I'll post a few good recipes we tried this week.  I made a wonderful beef & barley stew that came out better than expected. And last night I made homemade banana ice cream with stevia as sweetner so other than the milk it had no added sugar and it wasn't bad at all.

K, we are off to the Keller Farmer's Market this morning so gotta get moving.  I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! And I'll try to write more often. Hugs! And go eat something real today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment