Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Banana Nut Muffin Top Cookies

This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe I tweaked to make it a bit healthier and much more satisfying.  The cookies come out soft and moist like muffin tops and the oats and sunflower seeds make it a yummy satisfying snack.

Banana Nut Muffin Top Cookies
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup organic sugar
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup of rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup of sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts (optional)

1.             Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.             Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in bananas and eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, oats and sunflower seeds. Drop by large spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
3.             Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven on top shelf, or until edges are nicely browned. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love banana nut muffins so I bet these are similar but chewier! Found your blog thru traditional tuesdays! I'd love for you to share this at my recently new link up, Healthy 2day Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from a new follower! I love banana nut muffins. I'll have to try this!

    Blog: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

    FB: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]


    While I'm here :)

    I host a weekly blog hop, Fitness Friday. I would love to have you join. Linking up is a great way to increase followers, readers and interest in your blog.

    Here are the details

    Fitness Friday

    ReplyDelete