Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Incorporating Real Food into real life…

We’ve been invited to a BBQ this weekend; I’m sure it will be tough to not indulge in all the other dishes.  I plan on making a few sides and my famous black bean fudge (btw everyone at work that has tried it has asked for the recipe so check out Saturday’s post if I’ve peaked your interest).

So my task for this week is to find some great side dishes made with “real food” that will satisfy us so we aren’t tempted to splurge on the other dishes. 

We also have a camping trip planned for Memorial Day and the menu I previously prepared is a no go with our new lifestyle.  I’m having a heck of a time coming up with ideas… I’ve got to feed 4 men, 3 meals a day for 4 days….how do we eat nutritious, non-processed foods without spending the entire trip in the “kitchen”?

I was thinking the dutch-oven would work but we are still under a burn ban so I can’t use it in an open fire.  I’ve emailed a few of the other bloggers I’m following to see if they can help with ideas. If you have any ideas please share!

Also, one of my friends at work and I went out to lunch yesterday.  We found an amazing new Greek restaurant and had a wonderful meal. If you are in FTW check out the Two Brother’s Bistro on Beach & Basswood.  It was super yummy, I’m very excited to have found a place that still cooks traditional food (for the most part).

Hope y'all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment